February 10, 2009

Continuing Traditions

Growing up in our

family we had a very

sweet tradition.

The Sugar Cookie!!

I remember how much fun
we would have as a family
creating different styles and
art on our cookies.
For me it was just fun
doing something together.
We even made a few zany
animals that tragically
met horrible accidents
and were covered in blood.
Remember that anyone?
Yeah, we were
crazy but we had fun.

I wanted to keep this fun tradition

alive with my children.

Collin LOVES to decorate
his own little stack of cookies.
Mostly he just piles on the
sprinkles, but hey he is
definitely enjoying sugar
cookie madness.
Little Carlee finally got
into the fun too. This was
her very first frosting
experience. Her take?
So much fun she didn't
want to get down from
the table.

After spending over half an
hour on one teeny tiny little
cookie she decided to just
start digging into the
frosting bowl and eating the
leftovers. She would have
licked it clean if I would
have let her!


So far my kids enjoy this
tradition as much as I do.
I hope we have many more
memories decorating together
and spending quality time
as a family.

1 wisecracks:

Rhonda Christensen said...

Thanks for the great blog sweet stuff!!